State-of-the-art infrastructure for efficient fab-level online FDC control
Exensio-Control is a scalable Fault Detection and Classification (FDC) software solution that controls semiconductor manufacturing equipment and processes. Exensio-Control allows manufacturers to accurately detect and identify process or tool problems that arise during production, in real-time. This increases Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) by improving manufacturing process stability, minimizing scrap and non-product wafers, and by increasing Equipment Utilization Rate.
Exensio-Control provides the following product features:
- Wide data acquisition capabilities — Exensio-Control acquires all the equipment and logistics data for FDC analysis, in any format and from any source (Interface A, databases, SECS/HSMS, automation, files, etc.)
- Advanced analysis capabilities — Exensio-Control includes signal transformation and summarization, univariate SPC, multivariate fault detection and classification functions, plus meta-analysis based on indicators. In addition, Exensio-Control provides off-line and historical analysis capabilities to test FDC control strategies before deployment.
- Real-time alarms and events management — Exensio-Control centralizes and assesses events and alarms to trigger the appropriate action. Equipment alarms and events are overlaid with trace and univariate SPC charts and can be analyzed in conjunction with FDC alarms.
- Dedicated centralized database — Exensio-Control provides solutions fitted to FDC requirements. The entire fab's FDC data can be stored in one single location, enabling further analyses such as trend analysis or yield excursion root-cause analysis.
- Facilitated control strategy setup and management — Exensio-Control offers automated features which drastically shorten the time spent on FDC configuration setup and maintenance of SPC limits. This enables process engineers to concentrate on excursion prevention and detection.
More than 20,000 pieces of manufacturing equipment are controlled by Exensio-Control FDC in about 40 different fabs, worldwide. These major foundries and top memory and logic devices makers have made Exensio-Control the most widely used FDC system in the semiconductor industry. Exensio-Control supports a variety of hardware and software platforms.
PDF Solutions couples these best-in-class software solutions with knowledgeable, attentive service and support engineers to maximize our clients’ results.
Contact us to discover more about how PDF Solutions can address your critical issues throughout the IC manufacturing process life cycle.